Monday 4 January 2016

Stamp Carving

For Christmas I was lucky to receive a Speedball rubber stamp block and a set of carving tools from my Auntie and Uncle. I have been wanting to try stamp carving for a while now and so I was so excited to finally give it a go.

I carved my first stamp on Christmas Day while watching festive telly. I started off fairly simply, just carving the details out rather than carving around them. I decided to carve a thank you stamp which is just under A6 in size so that I could make a bunch of thank you cards to send to my family and friends. I am really pleased with the design and how the stamp turned out.


I used gold embossing powder for some of the cards and it works really well with the stamp. That stuff is magical!




I then carved a stamp for my Mum's Etsy shop 'MidgetGemBeads' so she could use it to jazz up her packaging a bit. This stamp is probably a third of the size of my previous one and I found it a lot more difficult, probably because there were a lot more tiny details. I think this stamp would have looked better with some more white space to lighten the design up a bit, but apart from that I am relatively pleased with it and my Mum is too.



I think in my next stamp I would like to try and carve away more white space than I have tried before. I would love to try and carve a little person so  I am excited to see how that will turn out. I'll need to order a new rubber block soon!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment